Admittedly, reviewing the search engine terms that bring readers to your blog is a pretty geeky pursuit, so, if you’re still reading this, you’re probably a blog owner, or have a lot of time on your hands. While “clark griswold” currently tops my list of most frequently searched terms with 187 visits, I was surprised to see how very few “naughty” terms have directed traffic to this site. While I shouldn’t be surprised, as this is a blog largely concerning 1001 Movies You Should See Before You Die, the following searches caught my eye:
10. “young jessica tandy” – who knew Driving Miss Daisy was such a looker?
9. “zardoz” – thanks to Sean Connery, we known that “the penis is evil”, and if you haven’t already seen his costume go here if you dare!
8. “salvation army band guys and dolls” – ok, what are Salvation Army guys doing with dolls?
7. “lucky ninja” – duh, aren’t they all?
6. “molly parker sex” – okay, so there was one…
5. “obscene, indecent, immoral, and offensive: 100+ years of censored, banned” – not nearly as a salacious a read as I expected.
4. “pecker camera movie” – reviewing Jon Waters’ films (the king of the salacious film making) will always get you a few peckers and an assortment of the odd and unusual.
3. “parisian tramps during the 1930s” – still wondering if this is old-time language for hobo?
2. “inglorious bastards 1978 nudity” – give nazi girls machine guns and you get this sort of behavior!
1. “beans above the franks” – definitely my favourite search term which found MiNG Movie Reviews, and while I recognize it from Something About Mary, it just sounds naughty! (Klaus Ming May 2011).